Header art by Robert Joseph Moreau

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Patricia Murphy

Love Object


The object of my love is my fiance.  
He is the apple of my eye.   
He is handsome, compassionate, 
understanding, loving, kind, 
a peacemaker and empathic.  

He is my best friend.  
The person I can talk to.  

The person who always says: 
"It's going to be okay." 
Now I tell him: 
"You're going to be fine."  
I don't really know if he will 
be fine, but I say it anyway. 

He will be great.  
He will survive.  
He will thrive.  

Sometimes when we have 
hardships it makes us stronger. 
Stronger in love than ever.  

My love is heartfelt.  
Carries the storms of life.  
When life is difficult, 
we must keep the faith.  

There is a light at the end 
of the tunnel.  
Often, we cannot see it.  
We must look through 
rose colored glasses.  

To see the light of day.  
To begin again.  
To fly once more.  
To have hope.  
To believe.  
To trust.  

To be a friend.  
If only to yourself.  
To love and be loved.  



Objects
 
The affection of my love 
is a wonderful person.  
They are the object 
of my life.    

They are creative. 
They are talented.  
They are positive. 
They are helpful and happy.  

I understand them.  
They are the light of my life.  
They are gracious and 
warm hearted.  
They are alive.  
They are the peace maker.  

Life is a challenge. 
We are thankful for today.  
For we know not what 
tomorrow will bring.  
It could be a ring.  

Or a bolt of lightening 
to awaken us to our senses.  
And from whince we came. 

Where are we going?  
When will we arrive?  
Where is our vacation destination?  
When do we leave?  

When do we return?  
Perhaps never.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

Thoughtless Children   Do you ever wonder while you are sipping your morning coffee or tea how many children are missing?   ...