Header art by Robert Joseph Moreau

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Judy Barrat

PRECIOUS THINGS

 

I’ve never been one to collect stuff

Or get attached to things

Like china or crystal giftware,

art, or jewelry fit for kings

But there are items I hold dear

the reason odd to see

And whatever value they may have

Is visible only to me

A stone gargoyle on the mantle

My brother gave to me

A hot dog vendor music box

From a New York friend, you see.

A ring given to me by my son

A bracelet from my daughter

A carafe from a pal for my bedside stand

If in the night I want some water

Such things are precious to my heart

From folks I love so dearly

Some I’ll never see again

And some only once or twice yearly

But each item makes me think of them

However far they stray

And the memory of their giving

Keeps them with me every day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco

Thoughtless Children   Do you ever wonder while you are sipping your morning coffee or tea how many children are missing?   ...